A computer program to simulate selective-breeding schemes for animals
Publications using ADAM:
- Ansari-Mahyari, S., Sørensen, A. C., Lund, M. S. & Berg, P., 2008. Across-family marker-assisted selection using selective genotyping strategies in dairy cattle breeding schemes. Journal of Dairy Science 91: 1628-1639.
- M. Henryon, A.C. Sørensen & P. Berg. Mating animals by minimising the covariance between ancestral contributions generates less inbreeding without compromising genetic gain in breeding schemes with truncation selection. Animal (in press)
- Thomsen, H., 2006. The choice of phenotypes for use of marker assisted selection in dairy cattle. In: Proceeding of the 8th World Congress on Genetics Applied to Livestock Production, CD communication 22-14, 4 pp.
- Pedersen, L. D., Sørensen, A. C., & Berg, P., 2009. Marker-assisted selection can reduce true as well as pedigree-estimated inbreeding. Journal of Dairy Science 92: 2214-2223.
- Ansari-Mahyari, S. & Berg, P., 2008. Combined use of phenotypic and genotypic information in sampling animalsfor genotyping in detection of quantitative trait loci. Journal of Animal Breeding and Genetics 125 (2): 100-109.